Halifax Business Awards finalists announced
Halifax, NS, October 17, 2007 – The Halifax Chamber of Commerce is ready to recognize talent and success in the Halifax business community with their finalists for the 2008 Halifax Business Awards.
“The Halifax Business Awards is our opportunity to celebrate the success of our business community,” says Chamber president Valerie Payn. “This is the only awards show in the city that recognizes all types and sizes of business, celebrating the drive, passion and will to succeed that characterizes business in Halifax.”
The Halifax Business Awards are intended to recognize those businesses and business people in HRM who exemplify the best that our city has to offer: innovators who are willing to take chances, push the boundaries and stretch the limits for success.
Forty-nine businesses and business people were nominated for the 2008 awards show, set to take place January 31, 2008 at the World Trade and Convention Centre.
And the finalists are…
Finalists for New Business of the Year:
• Edwards Randall Financial Architects Ltd.
• One Life Surf School and Spa, Queen Street Studios Inc.
• The Adelaide Respite Inn
• Volt Media Ltd.
Finalists for Small Business of the Year:
• ECCO Environmental Consulting & Contracting Inc.
• Garrison Brewing Co.
• Hamachi Group of Restaurants
• Noble Grape Urban Winery
• The Canadian Language Learning College (CLLC)
Finalists for Business of the Year:
• Bulldog Interactive Fitness Inc.
• Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership
• University First Class Painters
Finalists for Business Person of the Year:
• Boris Mirtchev (Hamachi Group of Restaurants)
• Colin MacDonald (Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership)
• Floyd Gaetz (AML Communications)
• Paul McGuinness (xwave)
• Timothy Crooks (Phoenix Youth Programs)
More information about the Halifax Business Awards can be found on the Chamber website at www.halifaxchamber.com.
For more information, contact:
Janet Creamer, Communication Coordinator