On the 22nd of March 2007 the Board of Directors of the Halifax Chamber of Commerce approved a series of amendments to the by-laws of the organization. A notice was sent to the full membership advising of the proposed changes and that a vote would be held at the Annual General Meeting of the Chamber. The by-law changes were unanimously approved at the Annual General Meeting on the 17th of April 2007.
The purpose of the by-law changes was to reflect organizational change and to support recommended changes to the Chamber’s governance model. Following are the recommended changes:
- Add clarity and documentation around key stewardship role of Board
- Support Board with “Board” Committees (replacing the existing Executive Committee):
- Audit & Risk
- Human Resources & Governance
- Advocacy & Stakeholder Relations
- Support President with “Operational” Committees, e.g. Transportation, Business Climate, Membership, etc.
The Halifax Chamber of Commerce By-Laws are available to download in PDF format by clicking here.
A copy of the by-laws showing the 2009 amendments is available to download in PDF format by clicking here.